Saint Patrick is an Irish celebration, nowadays popular all over world: it’s celebrated on the 17th of March, which is Saint Patrick’s patron day. To honor tradition, people cook typical dishes, wear green clothes and celebrate with friends and family.
We propose a tasty donut to be prepared with typical stout beer (like the famous Guinness beer), which is very easy to bake.
- Mix the softened butter with the sugar, until the mixture becomes creamy, then add the eggs and the vanilla flavoring.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sifted flour, starch, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture, alternating them with the stout beer.
- Mix the ingredients until they’re smooth and with no lumps, then pour them in a baking mold of about 20 cm diameter.
- Bake the donut in a pre-heated oven at 180° C or 356° F for 30 minutes.
- Once the cake is ready and has cooled down, sprinkle the powdered sugar.