Apple muffins: the recipe with Novacart baking cups
Ingredients for 6 muffins:
4.5 oz of butter at room temperature
3.5 oz of icing sugar
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
4.5 oz of 00 flour
4.5 oz of baking powder
1 big apple.
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 °.
In the meantime, peel the apple and cut it into little pieces and put them aside in a bowl.
Whip the egg whites until they are stiff in another bowl.
2. Pour the butter at room temperature in the first bowl with sugar.
Then add the yolks, while continuing to whip.
3. Add baking powder and flour.
Continue to whip until you obtain a homogeneous mix.
4. Add the egg whites you have previously whipped to the dough.
Do not use the whips to mix, use a spatula instead, moving it slowly form bottom to top.
5. Once you have obtained a homogeneous mix, add the apples.
Then mix again and divide the dough into the baking cups.
6. Bake for 15 minutes in a fan oven.
To make sure the baking is completed try the toothpick test: insert a toothpick in the various mixes, reaching the bottom. If the toothpick is dry when you pull it out, it means your muffins are ready.